Project title: TEMPERATURE CHANGE: CAUSE AND EFFECT IN TORO
Team: TEMPERATURE’S WATCHERS
IES CARDENAL PARDO DE TAVERA Toro Spain 1 1Student’s age: 14-15 years old
What are the reasons for the changes in temperature and how is it affecting us?
Summary of the project
The project objective was to compare temperatures of different years to see the contrast in temperature. Also, I searched for water per square meter. With that data I observed the current flow of the Duero River. With all the data I studied the changes in the ecosystem. I did not just search for data on the internet, I asked my grandparents and other locals how the weather was, etc. They helped me to know how the ecosystem and weather has changed.
Main results and Conclusions
The annual average of temperatures tends to increase as you can see in the graph above.
Winters keep the same average temperature.
We can see that temperatures have been rising in the spring and summer months especially, for example in September.
What’s Next? Actions to help lessen the problem
● Use the car as little as possible and use more public transport and electric vehicles, bicycles, etc.
● Use renewable energy, like solar panels.
● Avoid throwing garbage on the ground, in the seas or rivers or in the toilet.
● Recycle if possible. If waste is not recycled, it will cause significant damage to the planet.
● Try not to overuse plastic bags, plastic tapers, etc.
● Save energy.
● Reduce water waste
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.